Free COVID Crisis Counseling
We’ve all been impacted by COVID. We understand the fear, loss, chaos and pressure it’s building in all of us.
We are here for you.
Let us help you on your journey from crisis to recovery.
We’ll support you as you move from fear to hope, overwhelmed to balanced, isolation to connection and uncertainty to clarity.
We provide an array of telehealth, office and community-based therapy services, wellness programs and medication management – inclusive and accessible to all.
Let us be a sanctuary for you to identify, learn and manage your covid-related trauma.
Help is available, hope can be a reality.
If you or someone you know is struggling, call us at 918.492.2554, and let us help you.
Together we can cope with our COVID crisis.
Through two federal emergency grants from the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) we are providing crisis intervention and therapy services, wellness programs and medication management for Oklahomans experiencing mild to severe mental health and/or substance abuse issues related to the impact of COVID-19.
“The COVID-19 crisis is causing increases in depression, anxiety, trauma, and grief for a number of Oklahomans already grappling with existing behavioral health and substance abuse disorders”, says CRSOK Clinical Director Andre Campbell. “These grants will help us provide free support and services to local adults adversely affected.”
We are offering a full array of mental health and substance use disorder treatment services for those who seek them because of COVID-related increases in their symptoms. The stressors of frustration and boredom, family financial loss, increased risk of abuse and domestic violence in the home, disruption in nutrition, and decreased physical activity will result in an increase in the severity of mental illnesses. We can help those with mild to moderate symptoms recognize their reaction to hardship, manage stress, and help build coping and grounding skills for the recovery process. In addition to supportive crisis counseling, CRSOK counselors will provide information and education, and help link impacted individuals to appropriate resources.
We will also provide services and support to treat the most vulnerable citizens, those with severe cases of serious mental illness (SMI) and co-occurring substance use disorders, who are at the greatest risk for increased depression, anxiety, suicidality, and decompensation into illness requiring hospitalization. Our goal is to meet their needs with the methods safest for them. CRSOK already has protocols in place and is mobilized for telehealth/telephone services and supports.
All services will be conducted by trained and coached clinicians who will safely conduct outreach activities, provide de-escalation processes, employment support, and linkages to housing. We will utilize telehealth/telephone/messaging for crisis diversion and initial crisis response in hopes to decrease crisis center and hospital admissions.
Addiction & Recovery
Violence & Trauma
Grief & Traumatic Loss
- Coping with Stress During 2019-nCOV Outbreak, WHO PDF flyer
- Helping Children Cope with Stress During 2019-nCOV Outbreak, WHO PDF Flyer
- Mental Health and Coping – CDC website
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Helping Families Cope with COVID – NCTSN website
- Oklahoma State Department of Health COVID-19 Resources – ODMHSAS website
- Coronavirus Disease Updates– CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Steps to Prevent Illness – CDC
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Technical Guidance– WHO (World Health Organization)
Resources and News Articles
How to Remain Calm:
- Keep Calm and Carry On: Clinical Practice During the COVID-19Pandemic, ADAA video, ADAA Past President Karen Cassiday, PhD
- Free Coronavirus Anxiety Virtual Support Group, Resource from ADAA member Debra Kissen, PhD (Light on Anxiety)
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Tips to help calm your fears – from National Public Radio
- Quick Expert Tips and Strategies to Manage Coronavirus Anxiety– ADAA 5 minute Video – ADAA member Dr. Debra Kissen
- What Therapists Tell Patients Who are Anxious About Coronavirus, Huffpost.com, Mary Alvord, PhD
- Managing Depression and Anxiety During COVID-19, LightonAnxiety.com, Rachel Aredia, LCPC, NCC, CCATP
- 8 Ways to Relieve Coronavirus-Induced Anxiety, According to Psychologists, Prevention.com, Beth Salcedo, MD
- Mindfulness during the coronavirus: Harvard professor’s tips to help lower anxiety, ABCActionNews, ADAA Board President Luana Marques, PhD
- Coronavirus anxiety reports up, doctors say; encourage public to stay calm, keep perspective on COVID-19, ABC7.com, Karen Cassiday, PhD and Debra Kissen, PhD
- As Coronavirus Spreads, Here are a Tips to Manage Your Anxiety, Phillyvoice.com, Thea Gallagher, PsyD
- How to Manage Your Coronavirus Anxiety, Wall Street Journal, Debra Kissen, PhD, MHSA and Shane Owens, Phd, ABPP
- How to Deal with Coronavirus if you have OCD or Anxiety, Vice.com,Jon Hershfield, MA, LMFT and Shala Nicely, LPC
- Why you can’t stop touching your face, even though it’s one of the best ways to prevent coronavirus spread,com, Kevin L. Chapman, PhD
- Pandemic Panic? These 5 Tips Can Help You Regain Your Calm, NPR.org – Article, Stewart Shankman PhD
- How to turn the coronavirus anxiety into something positive (and why panic is damning), SFGate.com
- Don’t Go Down a Coronavirus Anxiety Spiral, Wired.com
- As Fear of Spreads, Here’s How to Keep a Cool Head, Vogue.com
- How to Manage Your Anxiety About Coronavirus,com
- How to Cope with the Coronavirus According to Psychologists, BusinessInsider.com
- Keeping Coronavirus Anxiety at Bay, USAToday.com, Kathryn Boger PhD
- How to Talk to Your Anxious Child or Teen About Coronavirus, ADAA blog post, Richa Bhatia, MD
- Tips on How to Talk to Kids About The Coronavirus with Roseann Capanna-Hodge, Ed.D., LPC, BCN, LLC
- CBS LA – https://youtu.be/hr5zL1yxG6Y,
- PIX11 NYC – https://youtu.be/wJtlYTVXkY4,
- POP SUGAR article – https://www.popsugar.com/family/how-to-explain-coronavirus-to-kids-47274602
- VeryWellFamily – https://www.verywellfamily.com/talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus-4798953
- Managing children’s fear, anxiety in the era of COVID-19, NewDio.com, Eli Lebowitz, PhD
- How to Save Your Kid From COVID-19 Anxiety, Smerconish.com– Article, Dr. Shane Owens, PhD, ABPP
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus, ChildMind.org
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus,org
Supporting Kids through COVID-19
- Talking to Kids about COVID-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- AARP Coronavirus Articles for Seniors
- Fun and Productive “Quarantined Projetst – (Beyond Net-flixing!”), ADAA Graphic, Michelle Lozano, LMFT
- COVID-19 Lockdown Guide: How to Manage Anxiety and Isolation During Quarantine– ADAA Blog Post, Aarti Gupta, PsyD
- Coronavirus outbreak: How to avoid going stir-crazy during self-quarantine, Today.com, Simon Rego, PsyD
- How To Stay Calm And Productive While At Home During The Coronavirus Outbreak, Elle.com, Mary Alvord, PhD
- How to Cope with Loneliness if you Work Remotely, According to Experts, Bustle.com, Michelle Lozano, LMFT
Get In Touch
Sand Springs Office
Follow us on
Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline