Back to school is stressful for families whose children struggle with emotional and behavioral issues. To start the year off right, Counseling & Recovery Services of Oklahoma hosted a Family Fun Day Saturday for its young clients and their families.
Staff and board members donated backpacks, school supplies, games and other gifts that clients will take home as prizes on Saturday. Refreshments and games will allow children and their families to interact in a fun setting.
More than 100 people are expected to attend this second annual event.
“It means a lot to our clients that staff cares enough to provide gifts and this party,” said Stephanie Taylor, Wraparound Tulsa assistant director. “This event gives children a chance to have fun while families talk about school-year challenges and ways to overcome them.”
Any child who is a client of Wraparound Tulsa or the agency’s community or school-based services is welcome at the event, Taylor said.
Families whose children experienced emotional or behavioral problems at school last year can call 918.492.2554to set up an appointment for an assessment before the school year and challenges begin again, Taylor said.
About Counseling & Recovery Services of Oklahoma’s services for children:
Outpatient Services for ages 4-18
- Individual and family counseling
- Counseling & case management
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medication oversight by a physician
- On-site pharmacy at the Tulsa office
Services in Schools
- Counseling and behavioral rehabilitation helps reduce suspensions, drop-outs and involvement with law enforcement. Call 918.492.2554.
- Immediate 24/7 crisis support for youth ages 10-17 and comprehensive treatment during a short stay. Open day and night including holidays. Call 918.394.2256.
- Support teams for children who experience frequent crisis and their families. Teams advocate for the child and coordinate community services. Call 918.392.5813 to make referrals.