Mental Illness Awareness Week is October 5-11. The week also includes National Depression Screening Day, October 9, and World Mental Health Day on October 10.
So what can we do to raise awareness? Here are some things to share:
- 1 in 4 people has a mental illness
- Mental illness is no one’s fault
- A mental health crisis can happen to anyone
- Mental illness is not a sign of moral weakness
- Mental illness requires treatment just like any other illness
- Mental health is essential to physical health
- Physical illness can affect mental health
- See the person and not the illness
- Quality mental health treatment is available in our community
Counseling & Recovery Services of Oklahoma is pleased to spread the world by participating in community events throughout the week. We also are available to support people of all ages in their journey to better mental health. Call us at 918.492.2554 to learn more.