Feeling anxious or nervous is normal when facing a problem at work, test at school or a major life decision. You should seek help if the behaviors, anxiety, worries and fears are constant and overwhelming. It may be an Anxiety Disorder if these feelings disrupt your everyday life.
Anxiety Disorders include: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Each has specific symptoms.
Signs of Anxiety Disorders:
- Persistent feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Problems sleeping
- Unable to stay calm or still
- Uncontrollable, obsessive thoughts
- Frequent flashbacks to traumatic experiences
- Ritualistic behaviors with hand washing, locking doors, etc.
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle tension
- Cold hands or feet or sweaty hands or feet
Good News! We can help.
Call 918.492.2554 for an appointment to start overcoming these symptoms and feeling better.